Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ice Cream Cupcakes




I didn't make this recipe up, I found it through several different sites, but it's become my go-to recipe for cupcakes.  Maybe it's the fact that there are only four ingredients, or that it only requires one bowl, or that the results have consistently been deliciously moist and not too crumbly. Regardless, the beauty of this recipe is that it can be adapted in ways limited only by your tastebuds.

Here's the general recipe: 

Ingredients
1 box cake mix
1 pint ice cream, thawed
3 eggs
1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 and line 24 muffin cups with paper wrappers.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin tins.
Bake for 15-19 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool cupcakes on a wire rack before frosting. 

That's it.  Really.  You're done.  I've made chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, and butter pecan versions of this cake.  Each one was delicious, but the butter pecan were my absolute favorites.  They smelled like breakfast when I pulled them out of the oven.  It reminded me of pancakes, and I love pancakes.  Go make these now!



No comments:

Post a Comment