Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Beeramisu

Apparently I write blog posts and then don't post them.  I wrote this at the beginning of April...

This week was Michael's birthday!  I bet you didn't know Michael is who started my baking craziness.  Sort of.  His last birthday was my first venture into baking new and crazy things; Guinness Chocolate cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting.  I can count on him for an honest opinion, and he's not shy about requesting something specific- a characteristic I value, since I am constantly worrying about what to make.

When I saw this recipe, I knew Michael needed to see it if he was to make a fully informed choice for his birthday treat.  I mean, c'mon.  It's beeramisu.  Michael LOVES beer.  Once he gave me the green light, I promptly forgot about it.  I even suggested something else, Bacon Brownies, but he reminded me about the beeramisu and I set about finding my ingredients.

The savioardi, ladyfingers, were what I knew I'd have the hardest time finding. Luckily, we have a World Market in town and another blogger had posted about seeing them there.  Whew, seriously that was the hardest part! 

Here's the link to the recipe.  I went a little overboard and bought two packages of the savioardi, which seemed dumb at the time but actually worked out quite well.  The mascarpone/heavy cream/Kahlua mixture makes a lot of filling and I was able to make two large batches, a small "tasting" batch, and we still had cream left over.  Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment