Thursday, March 25, 2010

Irish Cupcakes, Part Two

I know I'm late with this post, I do, and I'm sorry about that but I've been BUSY!  Well, sort of busy.  A little busy.  Anyway...  Last Wednesday was St. Patrick's Day and I made these again with one small update.  Instead of using the Bailey's Buttercream, I chose to adapt The Best Frosting I've Ever Had that The Pioneer Woman wrote about.

As a side note, I sent a tweet to her asking if it was really sweet and she responded to me!!  I know getting excited about something like that makes me super lame and a huge nerd, but she's kind of a big deal to me so just go with it.  And to answer my question, the frosting is not overpoweringly sweet.  I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to try it then, since my roommate doesn't care for super sweet. 

I adapted the frosting by subbing in about a tablespoon of Bailey's instead of vanilla.  The verdict: the frosting was alright, but could have used a bit more time in the mixer and fridge...  I won't use it for these cupcakes again, but it'll definitely find its way on to another baked good sometime in the near future.  As The Pioneer Woman said; it's magic.  I also used a better quality chocolate in the ganache (I love Ghirardelli) and it almost didn't make it into the cupcakes.  I might have eaten some of it with a spoon, after I made sure the cupcakes were full, of course...

Since I was so busy with baking, I made the cupcakes twice last week, I completely forgot to take any kind of pictures...   How about a rainbow?  That's St. Patricks-y, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment