Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies

You may remember that I posted about my wonderful friends baking for my birthday and generally making the entire weekend amazing.  I must confess, I didn't have enough faith in them and I totally baked for myself.  Yep, I did.  My mom told me not to, she said surely someone else would take care of it.  But I didn't listen.  There's a lesson in there somewhere...

I wanted something special for my birthday, and darned if I wasn't going to make sure that happened.  I thought and thought about what flavors I wanted to include in this special treat...  My love for Nutella goes back to the summer I was an exchange student and my host-mom gave me Nutella and brötchen before going to school in the morning.  I could eat a whole jar of the stuff in one sitting; lucky for me this recipe calls for just that.  As a side note, can I just say how much I love that I can type in an ingredient to Tasty Kitchen and instantly get a ton of options from which to choose?  I know the website doesn't need any additional press, but I find myself turning to it time and again when I'm having a hard time deciding what to bake.

These cookies were just what I was looking for- the hazelnut aspect didn't get lost in the chocolaty cookie, something I've experienced before when baking with Nutella, and the white chocolate drizzle really does make everything taste better.  I skipped it for the first few I tried; big mistake.  I highly suggest including it, if and when you decide to make these cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment